Thursday, August 28, 2014

Put the Stork in Neutral

We met with a new doctor at a new clinic because we were simply losing faith in Dr. Dunn and FSH. I didn't feel like anyone was listening to my concern when my lining was always only a 7mm or less when it should have at least been an 8 on trigger day. In my heart of hearts, I feel like that is the reason none of these treatments are working. We also are at the point where we needed to start looking at the I word...yes, I said it. The I word....I-V-F. Dunns statistics were much lower than others around town and his prices were the same. No thanks! (More on this in a later post)

J and I met with Dr. Williams and we LOVE him. He validated my concerns about the lining and also had some good recommendations. One of which was to do a Hysteroscopy. Pretty much they put camera up your hooha to check out the inside of your uterus to make sure it's okay and to make sure you don't have any scar tissue, adhesions, polyps, septums, etc. which cannot been seen on ultrasound or HSG (which I've already had done and my tubes are clear). If they find anything they will be able to fix it right away and will also biopsy  my uterine lining to make sure all is well. He even said the thin lining issue with past treatment was so concerning that he wouldn't treat me until I had this done. I'm so relieved that something is being done about it even if they don't find anything wrong. He also suggested me doing straight injectibles. THANK YOU! I've asked Dunn and his nurses several times because the pills I was taking can thin out your lining - guess what? They all acted like I was crazy and said no. Dr. Williams thinks they are crazy. I finally feel like someone is taking me seriously. My type A personality pretty much lends it's hand to me being obsessive about research and I know everything there is to know about these treatments (I feel like I could be the dr.) - There were many times I would suggest things to Dunn's nurses and they were puzzled because they didn't even know what I was talking about. They'd ask Dunn and he'd agree. Boom!

So I got the call today to schedule the hysteroscopy and it's on September 15th AND I have to get on BIRTH CONTROL! Isn't that ironic? The whole reason I'm doing all this is to get pregnant, not prevent it. Oh the irony! I mean, I get it. They want my reproductive system to be shut down so they can check out my insides. But just the thought of it kills me a little bit on the inside. So pretty much I'll be put in neutral. Not going anywhere. It'll be nice to have at least a 3 week break, but again I feel like I'm losing 3 weeks of the year towards "trying". Hopefully, this procedure will restart my engine and I'll be back in drive soon.

Sorry for the pretty boring post. I know it was blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment